PTUK Certified Play Therapist and Trainee Clinical Supervisor.
I qualified as a Play Therapist in 2013. Since then I have worked therapeutically in Primary and Secondary Schools across Essex and Suffolk with children and young people who experience social, emotional and behavioural problems. Before that I worked in Primary Schools as a Behaviour Support Assistant and a Nurture Group Leader.
I am also a qualified Parent and Child Attachment Play Practitioner (PCAP) and a Baby Bonding Practitioner. As such, I have a particular interest in and experience of Attachment focused work. I very much believe in enriching Attachment relationships in families through gentle, nurturing and playful approaches.
Play Therapy is a creative and subtle approach to child counselling. Through my non directive and nurturing approach I work with children and young people who
- Have experienced a bereavement or separation
- Suffer from anxiety or low self esteem
- Have difficulties communicating
- Find going to school difficult
- Have nightmares or difficulty sleeping
- Experience social, emotional or behavioural problems
- Have experienced trauma or abuse
Please call the Phoenix Counselling Practice on 01449 675974 for further information on counselling or to make an appointment.